You've been kidnapped but the kidnapper allows you to post to social media to pretend everything is alright, what do you post that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing you are asking for help?

Okay, just some random question.

Let’s assume you’ve been kidnapped but the kidnapper allows you to post to any social media of your choice to pretend everything is alright and well with you, what would you post that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing you are asking for help?

Me: I’m going jogging with my papa.
(My dad is dead, so this is the best pointer and clue that I’d give to anyone to want to know I’m in trouble and may offer help when they don’t hear from me again.)
kidnapper

7 Likes

Huh? This is huge!

So sad to know your dad is dead. Mine is, too. But I won’t be giving my excuse based on yours :wink:, but rather, I’d just use something that’s different from the ‘kind of personality’ my family and friends know me for. I’d go:

“Hey peeps, just want to let you all know I’d be marrying Steve; my secret boyfriend, in less than an hour at the registry. Would be leaving my (the location I’m held hostage at, if I know there. So let’s assume I’m held hostage in my own room as an example), in less than an hour from now to go to the registry with my new boyfriend and soon-to-be wife!.”

Well, do I need to tell you the whole of the country would be on me? Of course, Instablog 9ja and many other blogs in Nigeria would lift my story, and in less than 20mins, I’d have the whole country outside the location I’m held hostage! I’ve just passed out a rescue tip for myself! :wink:

8 Likes

Wow, we’ve got some intelligent peeps around here!

So, what would my own coded status be on Facebook? It’d be:
IMagine BEING HELD CAPTIVE, AND the ONLY HOPE OF RESCUE is sending a coded message.

I hope you get the drill :wink:

8 Likes

Nope, bro. Just tell me it’s not what I’m thinking. You’ve sent a whole coded word already. I read your status as:

I’m being held captive, and only hope of rescue!
You have used uppercase letters to send your code word, bro. I feel your intelligence :clap: and doffing my hat for you! :tophat:

7 Likes

Thou art intelligent, boss. You got the code word. So, it’ll definitely work magic for me! So, I’m safe in the current situation :blush::blush::blush:

6 Likes

Like seriously? This would work for you, I guess. Even if I see the status myself, I’d come for your head instantly :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And @Junaid, that’s a well-thought one. It’ll definitely get you out of trouble, but I feel @Abbey’s own would work better. This is Nigeria, bro. We’re very sentimental when it comes to gay and lesbianism. No family would allow any of its member to be involved in such kind of marriages in our country, so they’d definitely make it to the house instantly or the location to stop such wedding. Do you get the drill?
But your opinion is legit, BTW, and would work anyday, anytime, for the intellectuals. :clap: :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

Really? Such a nice topic and no one invited me into the discussion?

Well, in a case like this, I and my husband actually have a code word for situations like this. But we’ll be f*cked if we both are kidnapped together, because no one else outside our circle understands the code word. So, we will invent a new word that would mean we’re in danger and need rescuing but would still looks as though all is okay with us, and we don’t have any kidnapper putting a knife across our throats. Something like, “Just watched Femme Fatale and about to be the grim reaper on husby”. His family would all rush like bees to know where we’re at! :wink:

5 Likes

I’m really learning some new codes/word tricks here. But if I were to be in this situation, I’d just post something like:

“My girlfriend is in the kitchen with hot water. Don’t know where to run”. I guess this will do the magic for me, lol! :smile::smile::smile:

6 Likes

What’s your secret code word with your husband?

5 Likes

I already added it to this post here. But for clarity sake, here it is again:

5 Likes

Oh, I missed it earlier. Thanks for sharing again. God bless :pray:

5 Likes

I’ll just send the code word: Hell is just a stone throw from me. Might be kissing it so soon :cry:

5 Likes

Really? This is epic, bruv

4 Likes

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
This is crazy, bro. You had to ‘spill’ the beans, huh?
If I were the kidnapper, I’d just shoot ya’ straight in the head, because you claimed yourself a prophet. Going to hell! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Lovely.
I’ve always known you to be an amazing woman. So knowing this about you and your husband is such a lovely instance. Never mind, you both won’t be kidnapped at the same time together :wink: :smile:

3 Likes

Missed this interesting topic badly. Anyone want to fill me in about this? Although I have understood to some extent.

3 Likes

Just some wonderful opinions of key words to use when you’re in trouble and can still access social media; which of course, you won’t be able to access when you eventually get into that trouble!
But never mind, anyways, you won’t get into such trouble as kidnapping!

3 Likes

Lol!
No one is getting kidnapped anyways. Just some knowledge sharing tips :wink:

2 Likes